Friday, November 16, 2007

Radio Free Albemuth Movie Website Up And Running

The official website for the upcoming cinematic adaptation of Radio Free Albemuth recently went online and features some still photos and a short video of the production; you know pictures of guys getting camera angles, actors being put into wardrobe, even a shot of disks in a box (!), all set to whizz-bang industrial dance music. The site also has a synopsis of the entire movie, or just about, right there for everybody to read. A word of warning: I would have preferred not to read the synopsis had I known how detailed it was.

Anyway, the site offers us the first look at any element in the movie: a patch on the arm of a uniform, looked pretty sinister. I can't seem to cut and paste the pics to show you on this site. Their 'Privacy Policy' is in French and their Terms of Use link is broken, so you'll just have to click over (sigh).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The privacy policy is not in french it looks more like latin... ?!

Anonymous said...

That sinister logo was used in the real, now abandoned Office of Information Awareness, proof that we are actually living in Fremont's America. I am rereading that book and an amazed at how much our present political landscape resembles that in the book.
I have high hopes for this film. It's one of my favorites from his Valis era.
If the 'synopsis'(more of a blow-by-blow reiteration, imho) is any indication of the screenplay, we're in for a treat! There's not too many straight adaptations of Dick's stuff out there. So far, Scanner seems to be the closest (with Barjo a close second). Perhaps that movie has given filmmakers the courage to adapt his non-sci-fi related stuff.

Henri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Do not get your hopes up PKD fans... RFA was a disappointing project for everyone involved

Anonymous said...

Everyone?

Anonymous said...

I can not leave Anarchy credits . I buy Anarchy Online credits again, I do not want to leave you. Buy Anarchy gold is the thing I want to do. I know that Anarchy online gold is your life. I think I buy AO credits is the fate.