Saturday, June 28, 2008

Old Vertex Magazine PKD Interview and Photos

Dick-head extraordinaire Erik Davis recently sent me some scans of a long interview Vertex magazine did with Philip K Dick. I have no idea what year this came out, but I'm guessing 1980 0r 81 (Henri at The Philip K Dick Bookshelf dates the issue from February 1974 - a big month for PKD). The interview is fantastic, one of the best I've read, exploring Dick's craft, his opinions on contemporary science fiction, LSD, the I Ching, and his characters. And the pictures, well they're worth the price of admission. Click images to enlarge.







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This interview was published in February 1974 as per the Interviews Published in Magazines page of my website.

Anonymous said...

Man, PKD sure was a sexy, sexy man.

Anonymous said...

Does the article explain why Phil's shirt was unbuttoned?

Robert Cook said...

I have a feeling the photographer staged the open-shirt pics to create an image of Phil as a sexy, Hemingway-esque he-man writer.

Anonymous said...

Wow. "Sexy Hemingway-esque he-man" PKD is a tough sell. "Slightly corpulent (but still charming) Blake-esque visionary-SUPERman," perhaps...

However, all kidding aside, when they make the PKD action figure line, I DEMAND one of this version of him. Sorta like I cherished my "Hoth ice-world" Han Solo. I would love to facilitate a battle between open-shirt mid-seventies PKD and long bearded, cigar smoking, Palmer Eldrich touting early-sixties PKD. I KNOW who would win. (ANSWER: Horselover Fat would strike them both down with pink beams of light, applied directly to the forehead.)

Anonymous said...

I can not leave Anarchy credits . I buy Anarchy Online credits again, I do not want to leave you. Buy Anarchy gold is the thing I want to do. I know that Anarchy online gold is your life. I think I buy AO credits is the fate.