Sunday, October 7, 2012

Issue One of Pravic Now Available

So, yeah, there's a few more tidbits of Fest coverage I've got to get to, but don't sweat it. All in good time. Let me tell you about my newest endeavor, Pravic Magazine. You may have already read about Pravic, but back then it was just a gleam in the eyes of me and Nathaniel K Miller. Now Pravic has our first issue out (many fest goers were privileged to pick up their copy for free) and you can read some of it at our website, which will no doubt lead you to want to purchase a hard copy of the magazine for only $3 including shipping and handling. You get Ben Loory's story, "The Astronaut" - which you can read in its entirety here. You also get a story from Nathaniel K Miller, a sort of reverse of Bradbury's "There Will Come Soft Rains," but post-apocalyptic and grim. Speaking of grim, I have the final story in issue one, called "The Singer" and it's a real downer. It's quite long and I literally worked on this story for about a year and a half. I want you guys to read it. There's also a discussion of Star Trek and our Commandments for New Science Fiction.

All of you readers have been so generous with your time, dedication, and praise for me on this website. I really hope you'll continue to support me as I take what I've learned studying the life and work of PKD and apply it to my own art.

Photo: Jonathan Lethem is reading Pravic, are you?



2 comments:

right_geek said...

I would like to order, but it does not let me pay less than $4 ($1 for the item + $3 for shipping, which is a fixed amount) . Can I just pay $6 and get 2 copies? And do you ship to Poland?

Ragle Gumm said...

Sure, $6 for 2, and we'll send them to Poland!