Sunday, May 4, 2008

Rare PKD Photo of the Day

Here's yet another picture of PKD courtesy of Anne Dick. A couple of things jump out at me. First, wow, that's some beard. From what I hear, PKD was quite hirsute, with lots of hair all over his body. Anne Dick writes, "That picture was taken pretty early in our marriage. He wanted to grow a beard and I said, why not, and he was extremely grateful. I remember this--because it was surprising."

The second thing I noticed were the glasses. Did PKD need glasses? I don't recall a lot of photos with him wearing glasses, but these look pretty thick. I wouldn't imagine his eyesight was very good if when he did wear glasses he opted for the kind you can use to start fires by magnifying sunlight. Anne thinks they were reading glasses.

4 comments:

Jerry said...

OMG, that's some beard! And I didn't realize he was a redhead. Or at least a red-beard.

Tim said...

Wow, with that look he would fit in perfectly with just about any current indie rock band.

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Scary. He looks a lot of Delany...other than one obvious difference.

Dang. When is the second LOA volume out?

Anonymous said...

To buy cabal online alz , it is not the aim of the cable. It is the game which brings a lot of happiness to me. We buy the cabal alz together. The beautiful story, we can not be forgotten buy cabal alz . You will not regret to have cabal gold . So I will continue to have cabal money , it is a beautiful fairy tale, it looks like my life.