Monday, December 10, 2007

The Total Dick-Head Goes to Harvard

Yes, you read that right. This total Dick-head will be speaking in the hallowed chambers of Sever Hall (pictured above) - Harvard baby! Even better, many in the audience will be wearing Spock ears! Vericon VIII, the annual science fiction convention put on by Harvard-Radcliffe Science Fiction Association, has invited yours truly to speak on a panel with Kleo Apostolides' daughter, Anne Mini, about "The Multiple Myths of Philip K. Dick" on Saturday January 26, 2008.

I'm planning on comparing PKD's legacy to his 1957 novel Eye in the Sky, specifically how perspective seems to color our perception of Philip K Dick. This means that right after I finish my end-of-the-semester grading blitz, I'll be rereading Eye in the Sky - if anyone cares to join me.

Tickets range from $10-$35 but the respect you now feel for me is free.

8 comments:

Darryl Mason said...

Can you please get a good quality audio recording of this so we who cannot make it can hear the discussion?

Anonymous said...

Now that's an idea, Darryl. Especially for those of us still waiting for the recording of the PKD Day at Nottingham Trent earlier this year!

Anonymous said...

And well done David as well - good grief, I'm forgetting my manners in my rush to pour out more internet bile ! The event I'm sure will be fascinating and I'm once again cheesed off that I can't just hop on a plane and join in!

Darius Kazemi said...

Nice. I live in Boston so I may have to check that out.

Dan Weinreb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dan Weinreb said...

Your lecture at Harvard was great. I enjoyed it very much and learned a lot.

Anonymous said...

"Tickets range from $10-$35 but the respect you now feel for me is free."

So true...you rock! I know it's late but congrats on that one again :)!

Anonymous said...

I can not leave Anarchy credits . I buy Anarchy Online credits again, I do not want to leave you. Buy Anarchy gold is the thing I want to do. I know that Anarchy online gold is your life. I think I buy AO credits is the fate.