Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stories From All Over 9.19.09


I just have time to link to these few odds and ends before band practice and hardcore essay grading today (I plan to reward myself later by watching Sunshine, which people have been recommending).

First off, if you're in the LA area there's a PKD walking tour scheduled for Monday. If you live near the Bay Area and are interested in a Berkeley walking tour, let me know in the comments - I think that would be fun. If you go to the one in LA, take pictures and send them to me so I can post 'em.

Second boingboing dug up a cool bit of audio: a PKD-centered show by Ken Hollings entitled "Confessions of a Crap Artist" from 2006.

Finally, all that talk of Jung and occult in the comments section of the last post made the appearance of this article in the New York Times Magazine seem especially synchronistic...

7 comments:

Douglass Truth said...

let me know if there's a Berkeley walking tour - I'd come down the hill (Nevada City) for that.

Mr. Hand said...

I'd be all for a Berkeley walking tour--I live about 20 minutes away

Anonymous said...

Polish books covers were usually good. regards

Variations On A Theme said...

Thanks for the link the the great NY Times article. Fell in love with Jung in Memories, Dreams, Reflections. Can't wait to read the Red Book!!!

Anonymous said...

i've walked past PKD's house on Francisco Street in Berkeley many a time.

have always wondered, though: where did Phil live during his time in Oakland?

Ragle Gumm said...

Anonymous, here's one of the places in Oakland:

http://totaldickhead.blogspot.com/2007/06/pkds-house-in-east-gak-ville.html

Anonymous said...

thanks for tip, RG. that house practically right in my neighborhood!