Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Announcing Pravic Magazine

Dear readers, while planning continues apace for the PKD Festival scheduled for this September (have you filled out our online survey yet?), I am striking out in a new direction. As the most devoted of you know, I have been trying my hand at writing my own science fiction. I've been disappointed in my survey of the SF currently being published, and when my own rejection letters started piling up, I decided to do something about it.

So, today, fellow Dick-head and author Nathaniel K. Miller and I are announcing the birth of Pravic Magazine:

Pravic is a new magazine bringing you literary Science Fiction stories, along with discussions of esoteric pop culture, music and movie reviews, and anything else we feel like. Why? We’re unhappy with the current state of SF – especially what’s being published. Having read what’s out there, we’re left feeling most of that shit is awful.

We think we can do better. We want to build a new grammar for SF.

In short, we’re here to fuck with your program.

Send your fiction, non-fiction, art, and whatever mind-bending miscellany we haven’t conceived of yet to pravicmagazine(at)gmail.com

Read our New Commandments for Science Fiction here.

And, if you know any good illustrators, please let us know... 

Read this super cool SF story by Nathaniel K Miller here.


7 comments:

Lord RC said...

This is exciting announcement! 'Pravic' is a strange name let's hope the content is the same!

junglife said...

Just wanted to say that I think this is a fantastic idea. The SF commandments are a great start, and I'm really excited to see what you guys come up with. Hopefully I'll have some content to submit sooner than later. Cheers!

palmer_eldritch said...

Very interesting, my dear fellow. Looking forward to what emerges from the void, as it were.

Goomz said...

I've started writing within the past year, and would love to submit some of my finished products to this— when they are finished, that is. It's amazing to see how closely your standards for scifi writing match up to mine... Are there any requirements on the length of fiction?

Valis2374 said...

Way to go. That's why I am organizing my own sci-fi film festival. My film THE FINAL EQUATION got into only 2 festivals
When I did some research I found out why ...the programmers want crappy monsters and aliens sci-fi films instead of thinking man's sci-fi. If you want to
see kick ass independent sci-fi films go to
www.thephilipkdickfilmfestival in New York.I will post your blog on my site.

Anonymous said...

I take it this is not a paying market?

Anonymous said...

This sounds promising, I'm getting excited