Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It's a Small World


While just about every Dick-head has read Sutin's biography of PKD, Gregg Rickman's is less well known. Apparently Rickman intended to a three volume biography on Dick but only completed this first volume. I learned about this biography from Lethem's notes at the end of the Library of America release and tracked down a copy online. Out of curiousity I googled Rickman's name and soon learned he is a lecturer in the film department at San Francisco State University - the same campus where I work as a lecturer in the English department. I have contacted Rickman and he kindly agreed to meet sometime soon to talk. Quite a coincidence. Stay tuned for more details.

5 comments:

Alex said...

That is uncanny. I can taste a San Francisco-based PKD conference... or book club?

Fraser Lovatt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fraser Lovatt said...

Rickman's biography, even as a one volume piece, is superb - I've been waiting for the second volume for 15 years now, and would love to see it.

F

Anonymous said...

then go here! http://dickheadworld.com/

Anonymous said...

Buy last chaos gold is the chance. Since I buy last chaos gold ; I had not had the bad memory. At present, I want to say thanks to the people who stole my account, if he did not to do that, I would not play it, I would not have lastchaos gold . Although I have little lastchaos money , I will on the way of the game for long time. I am a pessimistic person, but when I have cheap lastchaos gold , it changes my attitude of life.