Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Humpty Dumpty in Oakland Hits Bookshelves


Yesterday, out of the blue, I received my review copy of the new Tor edition of Humpty Dumpty in Oakland, which apparently hit bookshelves last week in a blast of fanfare no one was around to hear. I have to say I love the cover; the book looks really great - but as an Oakland resident I'm biased.

I can't wait to read the novel; the difficulty will be fitting it in between The Maltese Falcon (which we're reading in my second-year literature class), a never-ending stream of student essays, and all the owner's manuals that came with my new synthesizers, but I think, as an Oakland resident, this novel will really speak to me.

I think 'Oakland' may be the only city name to appear in a PKD title. Am I wrong about this?

Amazon is selling the novel at a heavily reduced $16.47 (or $30.19) when you buy it with Voices From the Street.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just went to order mine and Amazon said 'three copies left'. Does this mean Tor are going to reprint some of the other 'mainstream' PKD?

Cal Godot said...

It's a very nice edition, well worth the money. We got a few in at the bookstore where I work. The PKD selection I've built up gets lots of attention and sells well.

Tor is indeed reprinting more "mainstream" PKD novels. The PKD page at Tor:

http://www.tor-forge.com/author/philipkdick

And some scheduled street dates:

In Milton Lumkey Territory
04/29/2008

Voices from the Street (paperback)
2007/11/13

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cal. They need to get Gather Yourselves Together and The Man Whose Teeth... on that little list as well IMHO !

Ms Heather said...

Ah, student essays. Not quite the same caliber as PKD . . . :) I'm going to have my own stack at the end of next week.

Hey, I'm a fellow blogger now too . . .

Anonymous said...

Without hesitate, I bought Tibia Gold , in the game I can find myself. So I buy Tibia coins . At present, think the happy day I spend in tibia, I am eager to enter it, and buy Tibia money . Own tibia gp , it means that you own the life of happiness. So I will not leave Tibia Platinum .