Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Philip K Dick Festival - This Is Happening!


Having just finalizing my travel reservations, I recently received an email from Lord Running Clam informing me that we're on schedule. The Philip K Dick Festival is one month away! I wrote a bit about it for boingboing (here) and it looks like I'll be covering the Fest for io9.com. Are any readers planning on attending? Let us know in the comments. I hope to extend the range of the festival by recording as many of the talks and panel discussions as possible and converting these to podcasts to be posted in the aftermath.

I'm really excited. I have made arrangements to drive the 20 hours from the Bay Area with the endlessly fascinating Erik Davis who's on his way to pursue a PhD in religious studies in Texas. Maybe somehow together we can get our heads around Rickels's book.

Hope some of you can make it!

More about the festival here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm going, made my room reservations a while ago. i'll be driving from missouri-probably a 14 hr drive. i'm very excited!! just to be able to talk about pkd without the inevitable - who's that? and such a beautiful area. yep, good times!

pirkiphat60

kid said...

Riding out from the Rust Belt. Hope there are some spots to camp. . . Is anyone from Pittsburgh going? Anyone else out there winging it?

Good times, you betcha.

Anonymous said...

Campgrounds abound near the PKD Festival sites. Search for 'Kelly Dahl' campground close to Nederland and Rollinsville.
Festival is still on track! Start of the festival is 10AM mountain time at The Last Shot Bar. Hope to see you all there! -
Bring your videocams! -Lord Running Clam

Aharonium said...

Tweeting the festival at #pkdfest -- @aharonium