Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Picture of the Day

You guys have probably already seen this picture, but I may have just lined up a Blade Runner-themed belly dance performance for the 2012 Festival/Conference so, in honor of that, I thought I'd post it.

There is a lot we know about this photo. I know I read about it in one of the volumes of letters (I'm guessing 74) and PKD talks about the event as well as this young woman at some length. Why I bet someone out there in the aether could find that information lickity split, and they would forever earn my (and all of our) respect as a serious Dick-head, because all of my volumes of letters are in my office, and I'm not. If you could just put that info right in the comments section that would be great.

That way, while you're doing that I'll try to figure out how to start taking donations and reservations for the 2012 Conference. Let's start making those travel plans! I can't wait to meet all of you!

6 comments:

665+1 said...

Wonderful image...my new desktop background :)

junglife said...

The only info I could find that seemed reliable says that the pic was taken at the 1972 World Con SF Convention.

Henri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Henri said...

The picture was taken at the LACon Sept 2, 1972 by Don Fanzo. The woman's name is Wanda (PKDS #17)

Diggler said...

So the photo was taken 27 days before I was born. I would've been belly dancing in my mother's womb if I'd known what he was up to :)

Lord RC said...

I recall this picture was on the front cover of one of the Philip K. Dick Society Newsletters (Probably #17 - thanks, Henri). PKD did talk about it somewhere...