Almost twenty years ago, when I started this blog, I couldn't possibly imagine all the ways it would change my life. The Dick-Head's early success, spurred on by mega aggregator boingboing.com, catapulted me into the world of Dick-dom. Within a year I was visiting Anne Dick in Point Reyes Station. A year after that I met Kleo Mini for lunch. Three years later, I attended my first Dick-Fest in Colorado. Five years later, I organized the 2012 Dick-Fest at SFSU.
In the last ten years my dedication to the blog has wavered, but never completely, but the internet never rests and the blog continues to do a brisk business of disseminating Dickiana.
Such brisk business, in fact, that very quietly sometime early Saturday morning, the Total Dick-Head blog hosted its two millionth visitor!
Blogger makes it difficult to get much granular detail on the site's traffic, and the info they do provide suggest many readers are likely bots, but, NEVERTHELESS, two million views is a testament to the never ending interest in Phil Dick's life and work.
Of course, more recently, this blog connected me with a tech bro who changed my life, helping me to form the Point Reyes Reality Investigation Center.
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: Next year I plan to release THE BEST OF THE TOTAL DICK-HEAD which will mine the blog's more than 600 posts to distill the best PKD article machine takedowns, interviews, rare photos, and reader's guides to The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch and Galactic Pot-Healer, so stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment