Saturday, April 14, 2007

A Shorter Review of a Short Review

Henri over at The Philip K Dick Bookshelf links to this review of A Scanner Darkly.
Webomatica writes:

"...I see a failing [in the movie] that is sometimes attributable to recreational narcotics: an unfortunate tendency for the imaginer to apply too much profundity to their personal hallucinations."

And then, only two paragraphs later writes:

"I'd like to see A Scanner Darkly "unanimated." All in live action film, with CGI effects for the scramble suit, and the animated technique reserved to show life through the eyes of someone on Substance D."

Duly noted Webomatica, you do not believe personal hallucinations can communicate a narrative effectively -- unless of course it is your personal hallucination...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Without hesitate, I bought Tibia Gold , in the game I can find myself. So I buy Tibia coins . At present, think the happy day I spend in tibia, I am eager to enter it, and buy Tibia money . Own tibia gp , it means that you own the life of happiness. So I will not leave Tibia Platinum .