Saturday, February 3, 2024

It's 2-3-24... so what?

 In my class the other night, I got all excited that the 50th anniversary of "2-3-74" is "coming up" - we (meaning I) may even have mentioned how it was this very weekend. Of course in the clear light of not teaching a class on Zoom, I remember that "2-3-74" refers to February and March of 1974 and not the third of February. 

Sutin locates the date of the delivery and subsequent pink beaming on February 20th, 1974. Other sources suggest February 14th (my second birthday) or the twentieth. There are no letters from any of those dates in The Selected Letters

I can't find any sourcing in Sutin for his date, but I trust his research. Stay tuned, we should do something.... maybe we could all zap our friends and families with kitty laser toys at an appointed hour. 



No comments: