Saturday, July 3, 2010

Two New PKD Sources Hit Bookshelves


Dick-heads have been waiting for years for the final volume of PKD's letters. After some false starts, it looks like the 80-82 volume of letters is finally available from Amazon.com. At almost $50, it ain't cheap, but will most likely be a very useful resource. Buy it here. If you buy enough copies through my links, maybe I'll be able to afford this volume:



Also recently released is another PKD Overview-type book by Eric C Link:



Umberto Rossi says of Link's book:

"It's way more readable than those excerpts from Rickels. Clear, well-documented, competently written--though, as I had surmised, it mostly says things we know.

Yet there are some interesting bits here and there.

He starts discussin' Dick as a novelist of ideas by reading"

3 comments:

Bert Frigwell said...

I recieved my copy of the 80-82 letters today. I didn't think this would ever happen. It's a Chtistmas miracle.

Robert Cook said...

Thank you for posting the news. I signed up a few months ago with Underwood-Miller for them to notify me when this volume was published, but I haven't heard a word. I ordered it Monday and it was waiting for me this evening when I got home from work.

A pity it's not slipcased, as the previous volumes were, but I think I'll take the single volume collection of Dick's Exegesis writings from it's slipcase and put this one in there instead to make my set of the six volumes more matched.

I doubt I'll ever read the Exegesis writings anyway.

Pantomime Horse said...

I ordered through your link but suggest you don't wait for the pennies to add up. There were two new copies for $25.54 plus shipping and one is still left. Also some other new copies under $30 plus a few much more expensive copies.

If Link's book doesn't have enough new info to justify the price, you might want to make a donation at http://www.oneminuteforpeace.org instead.