Friday, June 29, 2012

Blade Runner in Time, Clarion Write-A-Thon



Did you know it's been 30 years since Blade Runner first flopped theatrically, losing big on its opening weekend to E.T.? Well it has, and Time Magazine reminds us of all the obstacles this movie had to overcome before influencing our culture so profoundly. Read the article here.

You may have noticed posting's been a little light here. True enough, and it will continue. Truthfully, I am currently much more interested in writing my own fiction (and, of course, making the PKD Fest happen). So, you may find me, these next couple weeks, participating in the Clarion-Write-A-Thon. If you don't know about Clarion, read here. Needless to say, it's a fantastic program. You can even donate to them, by sponsoring me and my quest to write three short stories by mid-August. I've been placed in A Team Darkly - which seems appropriate, and my team leader immediately wrote me to say, "You're the total Dick-head guy?!" To which I had to respond, 'yep, that's me!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a sci-fibwriter muself, I'm curious, what is Clariom? Is it like NaNoWriMo?